Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Quoted - BlackBerry refuses to die

I've waded back into the Great BlackBerry War of 2005 with a press release on the U.S. Patent Office's latest decision to reject the remaining patent claims by NTP.

I know that this is a terribly dry topic for most folks. But it means that BlackBerry devices are somewhat further from the brink of shutdown than they were at this time last week.

The press release is entitled U.S. Patent Office Ruling Frees Wireless Sector, Signals End of Frivolous Lawsuits. I'm somewhat opinionated this time out: I guess I'm tired of patent trolls hijacking the IT agenda.

Frightening update: I'm scheduled to be interviewed live on television by Report on Business Television (ROBTV) this evening at 7:10 p.m. Eastern. The hit will be rerun tonight at 11 p.m. (ish). I'll post a link to the streamable file once it's on their website. OMG.

Another frightening update (9:20 p.m.): The interview went really well. I don't think I embarrassed myself too badly. It was quite the experience, and I look forward to doing it again soon. The interview will be available for streaming from the ROBTV web site at this address: http://www.robtv.com/articles/rob.tv/2. It's not up now, but it should be available by tomorrow. More soon...

Your turn: Do I deserve a BlackBerry for Chanukah? How about a Treo 650? Bueller?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your interview went well!!!

kenju said...

Of course you deserve it, Carmi! I hope you get all your heart's desires!

Photominer said...

Hi Carmi, I hope it went well. Congratulations!

Shankari said...

Lovely blog, good post. Makes me feel good to have followed you here from crazymomcat! Shall definitely click google after this! Thanks for the act of random kindness! :)

CarpeDM said...

What's a blackberry? I'm sure you deserve one.

Paste said...

Hi Carmi, here from Michele's today.

HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Treo, definitely a Treo.
Happy Hanukkah!
Michele sent me.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi Carmi..
Haven't been ny in a few days..so much to do...so little time!
So does that mean if you already have a Blackberry, which I don't, that you won't get tech support, or what?
Hmmmmmm. You deserve something better than that, Carmi! Hope you get it! (lol)

Karen said...

Of course you deserve a Blackberry, if not for your amazing talent, then for your sensitivity and blogging skills!
;-) Happy Chanuka!

Michele sent me....

utenzi said...

Michele sent me to visit, Carmi.

I've never had a PDA and don't know much about them. I'm a little surprised you don't have one tho since you do like toys!

Happy Hanukkah!

Unknown said...

You and me both deserve Blackberry's for Hanukah. I'd love one. I didn't know they were under some kind of threat. Shows you what chance I have of ever owning one.

Michele....

Kim said...

Glad that your interview went well! And I say, yes...you deserve a Blackberry!

Michele sent me...

MaR said...

Carmi, cannot follow your post but I am here to wish you and your family a very merry Xmas! have a wonderful holiday

WendyWings said...

Absolutly you deserve it :)
Michele sent me today.

Prego said...

I'm with mar - can't really follow the saga, but I'm sure you're with the good guys.

p

here from michele's today