Sunday, June 08, 2008

Caption This 74


Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]

Cordele, GA, December 2007 [Click to enlarge]


It's funny the things you see when you're topping off the tank in a forlorn old gas station beside I-75 somewhere deep in southern Georgia. I have no doubt you'll all have rich things to say about this week's hastily captured image.

Your turn: Please creatively suggest a caption in a comment. Enter as often as you like, and keep checking back through the week to see what other folks have come up with.

About last week's image of two men on scaffolding: I didn't see any messy headlines in the next day's paper, so I suspect they got their work done safely. Still, you all made me laugh, hard, with your excellent captions. Here's a rundown of this week's honorable menschens:
  • Awareness: "Tryouts for the Flying Wallendas."
  • Judy: "An accident waiting to happen."
  • Me: "Rapunzel Rapunzel let down your..."
  • D.O.M. Dan: "Don't Jump! A fall from that height will only hurt you!"
  • Sassy Mama Bear: "See I'm really this big!"
  • Barbie2be: "The ladder of success."
  • Robin: "Business casual."
Randall takes it this week with the deliciously subversive caption, I spoke with Charles Darwin. He said to go ahead and jump. I'll catch you. His blog, Musings from the Hinterland, is a delightful, thought-provoking view of life and family. Please drop by and say hi to him.

One more thing: Big news in our little blogworld, as we're now up to TWO weekly photo-related themes here on Written Inc. now. Watch this space on Wednesday for Thematic Photographic. If you missed this week's inaugural post, click here. I promise you it won't hurt a bit.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Carmi!
"Kiss ma grits!"
Bradley

Anonymous said...

Hello Carmi!
"Chew on this!"
"No shoes, no shirt, no service!"
"Smoke at your own risk."
Terri

Chad Oneil Myers said...

"Snap into a Slim Jim"

"Bob's Quick Mart, we have everything you need for your road-trip...well some things"

Anonymous said...

Carmi,
There seems to be a lot of chewing snacks for a state where the average I.Q. and number of teeth average in the single digits.
Git-R-Gummed!
Bradley

G. Harrison said...

Slim Pickins

Buy one git one furry

G. Harrison said...

Slim Pickins

Buy one git one furry

Gord H.

kenju said...

Thank you for the menschen/mention, Carmi!

I can't think of anything for the new one, but there's still time - right?

Nestor Family said...

With the price of food skyrocketing along with the price of gas... I think:

Can I afford anything here?

Linda said...

Paper or plastic? I can't "check" you out right now...

Barbara said...

I just don't think I can top the many great captions already submitted, but here are a couple:

"Ya want pork rinds with that jerky?"
"The chew-chew shop-n-go."

Good luck making your choices!

Weary Hag said...

Hiya Carmi !
Here via Kenju today ... I had complimented her on "her" word "embiggen" and she kindly corrected me and led me to its proper maker.

Excellent word ... as I told her, I shall steal it and give the maker proper kudos when I do!!

D.O.M. Dan said...

Carmi, thanks for the menschen, and for the nice comment that you left on my blog.

Now for my caption: "Do you sell any road maps? I'm trying to find my way back to Canada."

me said...

Thanks Carmi for the blah blah. I would say you always know how to make a gal smile, but....I think that's different blog...

does anyone else see "no cheeks accepted"? Is it me?

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Hi, I've found myself here after drifting in the Blogroll current, and thought I'd add an entry of my own:

"While it did nothing for their lap times, the new pit lane addition was highly appreciated by all the NASCAR drivers"

Anne said...

Got Milk?

Anne said...

Tank Toppers

Anonymous said...

Counter intelligence?

Counter attack

Beef Jerky Wars: Slim Jim vs. Oberto

Junk (food) sale

Shelf, life?

Anonymous said...

I completely missed this. Thanks for the plug, albeit belatedly.

Cheers.