Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Saucy collection

Just for the taste of it
London, ON, August 2011

There's a delightful market near our house. It's called "Remark", and it's one of those local, folks-know-your-name kind places that makes you glad that nationally-owned chains haven't completely taken over. I'd heard about it for years but, for reasons I can't explain or understand, never got around to going.

Until this weekend. Thanks to my wife and kids who know how much I enjoy everyday adventures like this, we decided it was time for me to become Remark-savvy. And what a revelation it was, chock full of neat little finds that make grocery shopping more like fun and less like a chore. We bumped into folks we knew, and delighted in finding little flourishes of decor that made it feel much warmer than the typical store.

The lighting also caught my eye, so it didn't take long for me to start wondering how it would all look on a two-dimensional, 4x6-inch plane. From the looks of this spice display, it all looks rather delish. I'll be back.

Your turn: Got a locally-owned/managed store near you that makes a difference? Do tell.

One more thing: To share your own shopping-themed experience, follow your mouse this way.

2 comments:

Little Nell said...

How very neatly displayed too!

Alexia said...

What an interesting collection; great shot!