Monday, November 14, 2011

I think I'm seeing things

Transience
St. Laurent, QC
October 2011
About this photo: We're wrapping up "drink up" week with this photo (more here), and will be launching a new theme, "Classic", tonight at 7:00 Eastern.
When you shoot fast-moving water, like this fountain at a mall that my parents used to drag me to when I was a kid, you never quite know what you're going to get. So no surprise here that I ended up with, well, I'm not entirely sure what this is, but I do know it's neat.

I had dragged our kids here on this grey, blustery afternoon and while they rested, I pulled out the camera and started to shoot. The mall, Place Vertu, is something of a Tier B facility: a 70s-era centre that hasn't aged all that well, and now sports more than its fair share of empty storefronts. If we're being brutally honest, it's a depressing place to shop.

But the kids didn't care, and neither did I. It was a grand day out, and it doesn't necessarily matter where you go, as long as you do so together.

Your turn: So what the heck is this?

5 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Elongated gargoyle....
strange huh? :-)

Reb said...

Poseidon checking things out :)

G. Harrison said...

a quick lesson about gravity

gh

Anonymous said...

Well, looking at it from the logical part of my brain, I'd say it's a pretty cool perspective shoot of a drinking fountain.

Kate said...

It reminds me of one of Arthur Rackham's fairies/brownies.