Thursday, November 24, 2011

On living life well

"Life well spent is long."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Conceptually, I'd like to believe in Mr. Da Vinci's words. I'd like to think that the only thing that should matter is not how many years we're given, but what we do with them. I'd like to think that a relatively brief life packed with accomplishment, substance and inspiration is preferable to a relatively long one spent in the lonely shadows of mere existence.

I'd like to think a lot of things on this murky morning, but this will have to do while I get on with the business of trying to make my own years count just a little more.

Your turn: How are you ensuring your own life is spent well?

2 comments:

dean said...

I try to live my life with love. I believe that this is the most important legacy I can leave my children. The love I bear for them will outlast any material thing I give them.

mmp said...

:)
by Ruthlessly chiselling time out...for rest/ relaxation/ laughter/ refreshment/ smiling/ down times/ fun times/ friends and family times/ nothing times