Monday, October 15, 2012

Now trending on Yahoo! Canada

Cool geek-writer fact of the day: the fifth most popular article on Yahoo! Canada Finance today is mine. I love when folks read my stuff, are moved by it, feel the need to respond to it. I love when something that flows from my fingers makes total strangers think. It's why I became a journalist, and thanks to ever evolving tools that let this whole process play out in real time, readers and writers have never been more connected than they are now.

A quick dive into the comments section of some of my articles betrays the darker side of all of this, the anonymous trolls who seem to derive strength by reaching up from mom's basement and snarking on everything and anything that crosses their belligerent world view. Wait, that's giving them too much credit, as I'm guessing most of them don't have much of a world view to begin with. Whatever.

Here's quick rundown of some of my recent articles published by Yahoo! Canada:
More to come, as it's already shaping up to be a busy week.

1 comment:

Lisa Shafer said...

Well, congratulations! However, it appears you were outdone by the Amish. ;)