Sunday, April 14, 2013

The source of all life

Elemental
London, ON
June 2011
Click here for more Thematic leaves
Please accept my apologies for focusing a little too closely on water droplets this week. It's something I never tire of, and I hope you never do, either.

Why the appeal? I guess it has to do with the whole water-is-life thing. We are what we are because of it, and we'd evaporate into nothingness if it ever disappeared.

Staring at these fragile droplets on this equally fragile leaf, it occurred to me just how quickly it can all be taken away.

Your turn: What does water mean to you?

4 comments:

Diario de mi vida sin ti! said...

another thing, one of most important, that we take for granted!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Water droplets are very cool subjects, Carmi.
~

Kalei's Best Friend said...

To me it means: sustenance and renewal.

Katney said...

I, too, like to photograph water droplets when I get a chance. It amazes me what can be reflected in them, light, color, and sometimes more.

Any water can be photogenic--think of waterfalls, oceans, sprinklers, snow (it is also water after all), ponds, the list goes on.

Water means so many things, but just as a photographic subject alone it goes a long way.