Saturday, May 18, 2013

Temporary tracks in the snow

Someone was here
Laval, QC
February 2013
Thematic. Frozen. Here.
If every picture supposedly tells a story, this one speaks of a bleary-eyed start to a grey workday, a bleak walk across a cold, snow-covered parking lot, to a cold, snow-covered car, and a cold, snow-covered drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

It's hard to tell who left these footsteps and tire tracks, or what they might have been thinking at the time. But as I stared down from my lofty perch and wondered about the greyness that had brought us here in the first place, I couldn't help but think that today wasn't a day for optimism, and it would be a while before we stopped seeing the world in cold, snow-covered, bleary-eyed tones.

Your turn: Who left these tracks?

5 comments:

Indrani said...

Somebody seems to be lost!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I don't know much about snow, but it will say it makes a beautiful sight.

Here's my Christmas-y Wordless Wednesday!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Oops.... Sorry that was us! My son is learning to drive at the moment, it takes him quite a few goes to park in a straight line.... ;) !
Happy Hols
Wren

kristine said...

Beautiful..:)

Happy Wordless Wednesday! My entry is here.



Rebecca said...

Such a beautiful one.. :)

Happy Wordless Wednesday! My entry is here.