Tuesday, January 07, 2014

I need more cowbell

Fly like the wind, Bullseye
Grand Bend, ON
July 2013
For more Thematic favourites of the year, click here
Click photo to embiggen
You can never get enough cowbell.

For anyone who remembers Christopher Walken's now-iconic Blue Oyster Cult-channelling Saturday Night Live sketch - video here, wiki entry here - cowbell is the comedic equivalent of crack. And not Rob Ford crack, either. Just say it in mixed company and the temperature of the room instantly changes.

In a good way, of course.

I'm like that with seagulls, too. No, they're not as amusing as Mr. Walken's Bruce Dickinson, and you can't dress them up in gold diapers (go ahead, Google it. We'll wait.) But it's the kind of photographic topic I keep coming back to again and again. I doubt the gulls care one way or another, but I simply can't get enough of the way they fly.

More cowbell, er, gull, please.

Your turn: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. Are you a cowbell fan? Why/why not?