Sunday, February 23, 2014

Talking head on a small screen

As a rule, I can't stand seeing myself on-screen. Likewise, I have a hard time listening to myself on radio. I don't look or sound like I think I look or sound, and the sounds and visuals are usually a little too jarring for comfort.

I realize that sounds funny given how often I do this. Still, I like to review the results on occasion to ensure I'm up to snuff, and to continually figure out better ways to deliver the message. I learned early on that good journalists have thick skin, and aren't afraid to self-critique. Maybe I'll be a good journalist someday. Until then, I'll review my work - with difficulty - and try to raise the bar every time I head into a studio.

What does this have to do with anything? Well, while poking around the Internet, I found this search page on the CTV News website that helpfully tracks my appearances on CTV News Channel and Canada AM. Here's the link. Please don't laugh.

1 comment:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I hate the sound of my voice on the answering machine.
~