Friday, June 20, 2014

On changing direction

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
Robert Frost
I've been on a figurative road lately, hence the relative quiet here on the blog. Nothing traumatic or worrisome: Just busy-life-work-family stuff, the usual ingredients of a life well lived. Most nights, by the time it occurs to me that I should be sharing the day here, I'm asleep.

Yesterday I spent the day in Waterloo. I was out of the house long before dawn, and as I cruised the back roads of southern Ontario, I realized just how divergent a road I've been on. And I smiled at the notion, because in what other world would I get to drop everything and work with some of the country's top journalists and business people? I may not have all the answers, but I'm starting to see the pieces line up in front of me.

Thematic will return, as will a more consistent posting cadence. For now, please know I'm out on some lesser-travelled road somewhere. And I'm enjoying the ride.

2 comments:

21 Wits said...

That waffle, (I can see but not read yet looks so delicious) if only I could reach in and snap it! I'm hoping maybe, just super-duper please may it be a post gearing for Thematic Photographic! I miss TP so much! Be sure to have some fun weekend time.... hope your weather is behaving.

21 Wits said...

One last plug, soon I hope! :)