Monday, July 21, 2014

Watching big boys play games

A sweet afternoon
Toronto, ON
July 2014
Thematic. Dirty. Here.
As luck would have it, this guy was standing right in my line of sight for much of the fifth inning*. At first I was annoyed, and briefly toyed with thoughts of asking him to sit down.

But then the polite Canadian in me prevailed - appearances aside, he could have been a black belt. Or he might have had a hidden Blue Jays cap that he had fashioned into a home-made weapon (those beaks are deadly.) Or his posse of ladies from the neighbourhood knitting bee could have been waiting in the shadows of Rogers Centre, giant foam fingers in hand, ready to pounce on anyone who so much as dared question the aisle-standing supremacy of their baseball-overlord master. 

So, no confrontation. But I still couldn't see the plate without leaning waaaaay over. After pondering my options for a few more minutes, the passive-aggressive Canadian in me emerged. I reached for the DSLR and decided to have some optical fun with him.

Your turn: The first three words that come to mind when you see this scene are...?

* We took the kids to Rogers Centre for a Toronto Blue Jays game yesterday. The good guys won 9-6 over the Texas Rangers. Yes, we live in London. Yes, it is nuts to drive 200 km to see a game. Yes, they had a blast. So did we. Life's about the experience, after all, inconsiderate aisle-standers and all. I've added pics to my Flickr site here.

2 comments:

Caspian Canuck said...

My first three words are "Nice tele lens!"

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Grab a chair!
~