Sunday, September 07, 2014

Small screen stuff...

While most of my professional life is spent stringing words together, I also get asked on occasion to sit in front of a camera and explain geeky stuff. It's the broadcast yin to my writerly yang.

Working a full-time-plus schedule can make it a challenge to find time for sleeping and just chilling out in a Muskoka chair with a tall glass of ice water, an iPad filled with great tunes and reading material, and a napping dog at my feet. But in the end it's a worthwhile tradeoff, because it takes the words that I write and shares them with a different audience in a different way. I never forget how lucky I am to have opportunities like this. Blessings, folks: Cherish them.

I was on CTV's Canada AM last week explaining the Jennifer Lawrence/celebrity photo hacking story (video here, or see tweet below) and am scheduled to chat with them again this week in advance of Apple's big iPhone reveal in California. What can we expect? I'll run it all down Tuesday morning at 6:30 Eastern.
I also do a regularly scheduled weekly segment with CTV News Channel anchor Scott Laurie. It's called Clicked In (hashtag: #ClickedInCTV) and we talk about the top 2 or 3 tech topics of the week. Here's the video from last week's segment - or see tweet below. It airs Sunday nights at 7:15 p.m Eastern. The camera may not add 10 pounds, but it sure makes me look goofier than I already do.
 Your turn: What tech stories should I be talking about next?

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I've never put anything into the cloud, willingly.

But I'm pretty sure the powers that be are scooping up everything that goes out, via wire or wireless.
~

Lux G. said...

If people use their knowledge and time in doing better things instead of ruining other people's lives or career, the world would be a better place to live in.

MissMeliss said...

Read your piece on the new iDevices and the voice-over industry...commented on it, but will say here: I ALREADY use my iPad air with an app called BossJock to record and produce my podcast. Being able to do so with even better sound, and without bulky external devices is one of the reasons I'm considering the 6/6+ (I have a 5 right now). But I have small hands, so I'm concerned the larger of the two is TOO LARGE for me.