Monday, November 10, 2014

On being considerate

“One of my main regrets in life is giving considerable thought to inconsiderate people.”
Jarod Kintz
It's funny how life beats the need to prioritize into your head. We don't necessarily appreciate why spending our time wisely matters as much as it does - until we come close to having no time left at all. From that moment on, time becomes precious, and those who would squander it on our behalf, namely the inconsiderate ones, become that much easier to leave behind.

So, over to you: Will you stop giving thought - and time, and energy, and attention - to inconsiderate people? How will you make this happen?

(Hat tip to Cloudia Charters, who pens the delightful Comfort Spiral and who never ceases to inspire, for sharing this.)

3 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I came to that conclusion awhile ago.. funny how age plays a part! :-)
What did it for me was that I noticed the negative energy I was carrying around.. also, i figured out that inconsiderate people don't deserve my time...Life is too short to waste on those that don't deserve my time.

21 Wits said...

How funny, I remembered reading that quote of Cloudia's and then you gave credit to her! Awesome Carmi!

21 Wits said...

Okay for my answer! Oh golly this is so deep and lots of inconsiderate people are at other times gentle, caring souls, depending on what's happening to them or their life. So they get a free pass. But the older I get the few true inconsiderate folks that time and time do it over and over, I just smile and walk away, and stop sharing time with them. Life is too short to hang around negative energy, absolutely.