Thursday, July 23, 2015

Reaching for the sky - and the past

‎This tree has been here for longer than I've been alive. It was a lot smaller when a much younger me would ride my bike to this place. I felt like quite the explorer back then, and getting here on two wheels, powered only by my scrawny legs and a healthy imagination, seemed like an expedition to the edge of the planet.

In reality, it was barely a couple of kilometres away from my house. But it still reminds me that kids can - and should - dream big. And it probably doesn't hurt to occasionally revisit the places that made your childhood seem so charmed in the first place.

Your turn: Do you ever go back to places that mattered to you as a child? What do you find when you get there?

Note: To share your own sky-themed perspective as part of this week's Thematic, head here

No comments: