Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Yay dogs!


I'm a dog person. I'm married to a dog person. Our kids are dog people. I like dog people: I think they're nicer than non-dog people. They'll get down on the floor for a cuddle. They'll speak dog - or at least attempt to. They'll stop what they're doing to connect with an animal who has no ability to speak, yet knows how to communicate better than most non-dog people. They'll speak in that empathetic tone common to all dog people. Their hands will subconsciously pet the dog - indeed any dog - whenever he or she is nearby.

It isn't logical, this dog-person thing. But you're either born with it or you're not. And I choose to hang around folks who were born with it. Who get it. Our dog, Frasier, would rather hang around with them, too. And if you're a dog person, I'm pretty certain he'd be happy to hang around with you, as well.

Your turn: The Twitter tells me it's #NationalDogDay, and I'm guessing that when The Twitter says "national" then it's including the Great White North. And even if this isn't the case and it's an official American holiday, I'm going to assume it applies to us, anyway, because my dog doesn't speak English and he wouldn't know the difference one way or the other. So if you're a dog person, tell us a dog story.

2 comments:

21 Wits said...

I agree on all counts! Count me in as a major, big, no huge, dog lover of all time!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

A day for us!! (And Frasier, of course!)
~