Wednesday, September 09, 2015

One duck. No goose.

Paddling upstream
London, ON
August 2015
Thematic. Wildlife. Here.
I've come to this place by the river before. Just to the left of the scene you see here, the waterway makes a hard right turn, turning a splashy kind of white as it brushes over shallow rocks and disappears behind overhanging trees. Every time I come here, there's new growth, different water levels, varying light, yet it always feels familiar. Comfortable, even.

More than the sights, though, it's the sounds that could keep me here all day. Flowing, burbling water almost defines peacefulness. Mix in a backdrop of chirping birds, crickets and a whole host of unseen and unidentified beings and you wish you could somehow take this place with you wherever else you need to go.

But I can't. So photos that take me back to the river's edge will have to do for now.

Your turn: Where do you go to find peace?

No comments: